The Junior Account Manager will be working in both an inbound and outbound capacity. We have a solid base of existing customers who order from us repeatedly throughout the year. The successful candidate will be managing the majority of these relationships. Our pipeline of new business prospects is full, particularly in the retail space, and much of that work will become the Junior Account Manager’s book of business.
The ideal candidate will have some relevant early career sales experience and is now ready to take on more responsibility. Through this role the Junior Account Manager will grow their sales skill-set and learn to work as part of a high performing team. In true start-up style this is a generalist position, so the hire will gain experience working on tasks that they would typically only see later in their career. Remuneration is base plus healthy commission opportunity.
Naked Snacks is a fast-growing startup company that sells delicious, healthy snack food across North America. We use whole ingredients in fun and delicious ways, hence our 80/20 nutritional philosophy: 80% whole grown goodness, 20% earned indulgence as a reward for making smart decisions. We believe in healthy snacking options you can trust, with no compromise on great taste. Our snacks are sold through grocery stores, offices, independent retail, hotels, foodservice locations and our online store. Online customers design their delivery by selecting from the wide variety of snacks available. The subscription service means customers can feel confident knowing they'll always have trusted snacks on hand, without needing to worry about restocking supplies. Naked Snacks is also a company with a conscience. A portion of all proceeds goes to support feeding Canadian children in need through our partnership with the Breakfast Club of Canada. We’re working to make sure every box we deliver not only makes a difference to the person who receives it, but also in the life of someone who really needs a helping hand.
Duties and responsibilities
● Nurture relationships with existing clients to make sure they’re happy, ordering frequently, and we’re increasing average order size wherever possible.
● Conduct ongoing research and take the lead on new business opportunities in the grocery, retail and foodservice spaces.
● Create rapport easily with new business leads to walk them through the sales funnel.
● Keep our Salesforce database squeaky clean and up-to-date with the latest information.
● Support our distribution partners to help them achieve success in their work. 2
● Use data-driven techniques to determine the success of campaigns, so we can learn from the results and optimize our approach.
● Work closely with our customers to understand their wants and frustrations, helping us to provide the best customer service possible. This makes you a key source of information for ways to improve our product offering.
● Through market research, keep the company up-to-date with market trends so we can stay ahead of the competition. Requirements
● University degree with relevant concentration.
● Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
● 1-2 years experience working in the food industry is desired, but not required.
● Experience working with Salesforce is desired, but not required.
● Must be hard-working, enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn. Perks of the role
● Lots of responsibility and exposure to senior leadership.
● Flex time with at least one day a week working from home.
● Based within the vibrant community of Ironwood in Richmond.
● Casual and fun environment working as part of a high performing team.
● FREE snacks!
You will be reporting to the Founder and CEO and working closely with the whole Naked Snacks team. Due to funding requirements this position is only open to applicants under 30 years of age. To apply, send your updated resume with information on why you would be great for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate. Only candidates that we'd like to interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest.