Maintenance Planner / Purchaser Full-Time Position
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Planner/Purchaser will be responsible for administering the plants work order and Preventative Maintenance program under CMMS to maximize manufacturing efficiency, to purchase all maintenance parts and equipment, services, building services and repairs. In addition, he will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the maintenance parts inventory system.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Sourcing vendors and purchasing all machinery and maintenance parts, tools and building services.
- Creates PO’s for items and services and receives items in system using Navision software and CMMS.
- Setting up with maintenance manager building maintenance and repair services and contracts.
- Maintains budget tracking information and relevant accounting/reporting activities.
- Setting up and maintain parts inventory system and store room.
- Determines parts on hand quantities and reorder points.
- Completes physical inventory counts to compare to Navision system data. Investigates discrepancies.
- Completes physical reception of goods in store room
- Monitors and reports inventory budget activities
Preventative Maintenance Program
- Reviewing equipment specifications to implement and administer Preventative Maintenance program using PMXpert software.
- Assigning work orders to maintenance team and update system upon completion.
- Continually monitors PM program to ensure desired outcomes and seek improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for initial screening of incoming work order , identification w/o scope and analysis of required level of planning
- Conduct field walk down to identify and document job requirements
- Provides safety procedures, including lock-out procedures available to employees and ensures that all aspects of the existing company safety policy are incorporated into the job plan
- Estimates required hours on work order tasks, total work duration and skills required to performed the task
- Plans jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades workforce
Safety & Environment
- Foster safe work practices by enforcing standard safety procedures and as required develop and implement practical recommendations for safety practices.
- Verify that no unsafe practices develop in the dairy plant, perform periodic inspections, and enforce all the policies and procedures related to employee safety in the work environment.
- Engage in permanent and continuous learning by participating in on-the-job, internal and/or external training programs. Apply learned knowledge to work environment and role.
- Active participation in continuous improvement programs such as coaching sessions and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Active and positive contribution to team efforts to achieve assigned balanced scoreboard goals
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Ability to source parts and services using various sources (OEM, web, local fabricators, machine shops etc.
- Ability to read machine or shop drawings to identify parts.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing and supply chain principles.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude to understanding of the equipment workings and parts requirements
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Ability to find continuous improvement opportunities related to cost, quality and service within scope of duties.
- Knowledge of inventory systems and stores room activities.
- Superior time management skills, detail orientation, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling methods
- Ability to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Capability to work in a team environment with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships.
- Post-secondary education in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Business Administration.
- Bachelor Degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering will be an asset
- 3 years of experience related or similar role within maintenance or manufacturing environment or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the required duties.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and Maintenance Management Systems, ERP
Vitalus Nutrition is located in Abbotsford and has been progressively growing over the last 30 years to become one of Canada's Top Dairy Ingredient Producers. At Vitalus, we take milk and transform it into specialized ingredients. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing global relationships with our customers. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk and we are dedicated to living our values: CARE, INTEGRITY & EXPERTISE.
Improving Lives ……. By unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and to prepare for career opportunities. We offer a fair and competitive compensation, flexible work environment and positive culture.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE. Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/