DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
POSITION: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician
POSITION TERMS: Start: ASAP; permanent
REPORTING TO: QA/QC Assistant Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Quality Team with multiple tasks related, but not limited, to quality control testing.
- Receive, assess, produce and log in samples and composites related to food products.
- Prepares, produces and completes paperwork on all samples.
- Performs bacterial detection and basic microbiology and analytical tests.
- Receives orders, dispatches outside testing.
- Performs and documents internal calibrations and verifications.
- Perform general laboratory Standard Operating Procedures including sterilization.
- Prepares and retrieves frozen samples and interaction with shelf life area.
- Prepares media and reagents required for tests.
- Records and enters data related to the Laboratory Verification Program, temperatures, weights, humidity, etc.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies and prepares weekly supply orders.
- Performs cleaning of equipment and supplies.
- Performs general cleaning of the laboratory areas (Good Laboratory Practices).
- Data entry and assist in document control.
- Observes laboratory hygiene and safety regulations and precautions.
- Performs other department related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science OR High School diploma and experience working in a food manufacturing plant, preferably within a regulated environment. A certificate in laboratory procedures or experience working in a food Quality Control Laboratory will be an advantage.
- University Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or similar field of study is an asset.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience in a food manufacturing plant.
- Computer skills required.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow instructions precisely, and accurate data entering skills are critical.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing (including legible hand-writing) in English is required.
- Ability to work with others effectively in a team environment but also able to work independently.
- Manual dexterity; physically able to lift at least 50 lbs (23 kgs).
- Trustworthy, Transparent, and Results-Oriented.
- Willing to work variable shifts, days (to start as early as 4:30am) and evenings (until 10:30 pm), based on operational requirements. There is also the possibility of weekend and holiday rotations, including Sunday.
Reliability: Punctuality and attendance are essential as this is a critical position within the production process.
APPLICATIONS: Please submit your resume and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position to HR@sandelfoods.com