SHIPPER – FULL TIME
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver operations department is currently seeking Shippers to join our growing team.
The Shipper is responsible for ensuring customer orders are picked accurately, safely loaded on trucks, and delivered on-time. The incumbent’s main role is to work as a Shipper in the warehouse, and when needed, he/she will work as a Driver to make deliveries.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensures all customer orders are picked accurately and on time.
- Ensures all orders are securely placed, properly labeled and shrink-wrapped.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to all pick-up and walk-in customers.
- Assists Lead Hand in other warehouse functions as required including production & vendor receiving, verifying of outgoing shipping documents, transferring of raw materials from warehouse to production and updating the Navision system.
- Executes customer deliveries and performs other driving tasks as required depending upon operational requirements.
- Operates company vehicles and warehouse machinery in a safe manner.
- Ensures pre-trip checks and other checklists are carried out when operating company truck.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports to management immediately observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the products which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing products on hold or scrapping the products.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned by supervisors.
- Works in the warehouse, including cooler environment and also outdoor conditions depending upon tasks as required.
- Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week).
- 2 shifts: 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to midnight. If performing driving duties for a complete delivery route, work hours are generally from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License (BC)
- Certified forklift operator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lift at least 55 lbs
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Minimum 1 year's warehouse and driving experience
What we Offer
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
- Great team atmosphere
- Premium rates for afternoon and graveyard shifts
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.